About

I study history of early modern China and Inner Asia. My first book, Common Ground: Tibetan Buddhist Expansion and Qing China’s Inner Asia, was published by Columbia University Press in early August 2022. It is also part of the book series: Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute. I actively maintain an errata list for the book and wish to express my gratitude to the readers and reviewers who diligently spotted mistakes that eluded my own scrutiny. I am also compiling a list of Who’s who for the book, a promise I made while writing the book, it is on the way.

During the process of completing this book amidst the pandemic, I discovered a new form of meditation and excise that has been transformative on many levels–walking. This newfound practice has inspired me to embark on a fresh project centered around the history of animals in Inner Asia. Currently, I am in Year 2 of my monograph project, tentatively titled, Horse Power: Working with Animals in Early Modern China.

I graduated from the History-East Asia Program in the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at Columbia University in 2016. She taught at the University of New Mexico before coming to Mount Holyoke College. Here, She teaches a range of courses on East Asian history.