Submitted by Morena Svaldi, Ombretta Frau, and Martino Lovato. Link to the original page with video (all in Italian): https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Spaghetti-alla-Carbonara.html
- Spaghetti 320 grams
- 6 medium egg yolks
- Pecorino romano 50 grams
- Black pepper to taste
- To prepare spaghetti carbonara, start by putting a pan with salted water on the stove to cook the pasta.
- Remove the rind from the bacon and cut it first into slices and then into strips about 1cm thick.
- The leftover rind can be reused to flavor other preparations.
- Pour the pieces into a non-stick pan3 and brown for about 15 minutes over medium heat, be careful not to burn it otherwise it will release a too strong aroma.
- Dip the spaghetti in boiling water 4and cook for the time indicated on the package.
- Pour the egg yolks into a bowl5, also add most of the Pecorino required by recipe 6 the remaining part will be used to garnish the pasta.
- Season with black pepper, mix everything with a hand whisk.
- Add a tablespoon of the cooking water to dilute the mixture and mix
- The bacon will be cooked, turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Drain the pasta al dente directly into the pan with the bacon and sauté briefly to flavor it.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the egg and Pecorino mixture12in the pan. Stir quickly to mix.
- To make it very creamy, if needed, you can add a little cooking water from the pasta.
- Serve the spaghetti carbonara immediately, flavoring them with the leftover Pecorino and ground black pepper to taste.
It is advisable to immediately consume spaghetti carbonara!